It’s Reviewsday again and we have moisturizers for you today. Half used tubes of moisturizer only started looking this good when Grown Alchemist got on the scene. Since then they have probably been plaguing your instagram feed beckoning you with their come hither packaging. With crisp monochromatic text and translucent amber glass in charcoal boxes, impulse purchases have been based on far less. Here at Bright Green Laces, we love our style but we’re about substance too so here’s a review to get behind two of Grown Alchemist’s moisturizer.
Age-Repair Moisturiser – 40ml WHITE TEA & PHYTO-PEPTIDE $69.95
This cream is toted as “A powerful anti-aging moisturizer formulated to restore youthful cellular structure, helping repair damaged facial skin, leaving it beautifully healthy, energized, smooth and deeply moisturizd“.
Regenerating Night Cream – 60ml NEURO-PEPTIDE & VIOLET LEAF EXTRACT $84.95
Good for all skin types, this buttery yellow “rich facial cream formulated with a potent synergistic blend of peptides, antioxidants, vitamins, hyaluronic acid, essential omega fatty acids that restore skin elasticity, noticeably reducing the appearance of fine lines, softening and smoothing the skin while boosting hydration, transforming skin texture to appear more youthful looking”
Sounds very promising and scientific but what does that all mean? I was looking for something to rejuvenate my sleep deprived, recently break out prone skin that also suits my fussy tastes. Let’s face it, I’m not getting any younger either but let’s translate the Pros & Cons.
- Many botanical products have too strong a fragrance akin to the Ayurvedic medication my grandma would force on me. With Grown Alchemist, you get a lovely garden fragrance without being overpowered.
- Their creams are not greasy or too thin, even Goldilocks would love it. It glides on the skin hydrating it without feeling heavy or affecting your make up application.
- They packaging allows for almost all the cream to be used unlike pumps and plastic lotion bottles that leave you sticking cotton buds in a vain attempt to use all your cream
- My skin feels soft and I haven’t had a break out since
- They look lovely on your night stand and feel indulgent.
- Delivery charges are very reasonable and there are quite a few stockists
- The price tag is quite high and not for everyone. The products are complimentary so a thorough skin care regime might set you back a pretty penny
I must admit, I’m not certain of it’s anti-ageing properties but my skin feels more hydrated and soft again. Hopefully they’ll work as a prophylactic on twinkle wrinkles. Either way, I’d definitely buy from Grown Alchemist again!