Easter is coming and every decade or so, my birthday along with it. I’m turning 30 and movies tell me I’m supposed to have some sort of 1/3 life crisis but I’m really looking forward to a chilled out birthday this year. As for gifts, my wish is a pretty basic list of don’ts
1. Don’t ask me any questions that require work, chores and planning
2. Don’t get me a red velvet cake (I’ve had far too many of those)
The above responses don’t go down too well when I get asked what I want so I’ve taken to making lists that will generally be ignored. Let the annual self imposed shopping ban commence!
- Mac Film Noir lippy $17.00 | Dark, sexy, mysterious chocolate lips by MAC can’t be a bad thing.
- Allbirds runners $95.00 | Wool, flexi and comfortable which is perfect since my current sneakers hurt
- Books: How to be Parisian… or this $27 | I love reading and beautiful books. If it were an option I would spend days in a book store.
Jean Paul Gautier x Target leather jacket$?| Everyone needs a good leather jacket. Apparently I need two. (EDIT: My fam got me a pretty kick ass leather jacket to tide me over until I fall in love with another investment piece) Mejuri silver evil eye ring$48.00 | My preggo sausage fingers need love and a little good will. All that tummy rubbing calls for an evil eye ring. (EDIT: I bought this for myself. Shopping ban fail but self 5 for a great birthday gift!)
- iPhone 6s $1079 | Mat leave means giving up my phone to work. Can you go back after having good technology?
Fossil Sydney satchel$299.00 | A good classic bag is always a good idea. (EDIT: Purchased in seafoam thanks to some peer nominated awards at work resulting in a very large volume of Myer gift cards. Wouldn’t say no to a good everyday leather bag in this colour though) Instax polaroid camera$88 | Pastel, cute and limited edition with lots of film! A perfect way to capture your birthday (EDIT: Maggie from La Petite Mademoiselle style blog got me the cutest candy pink version with two rolls of film & I got tears in my eyes. So unexpected!)
- Clarisonic $295 | Why do always put of taking time for ourselves, particularly when we never grow out of bad skin days?
- Gorman Gold rush skirt $119 | Shiny rad with an elastic waist means something to wear now and post baby. A celebration in a pleated skirt!
- Babyology annual subscription $199 | Who doesn’t like gifts in the mail every three months? Subscription boxes curb my online shopping too so yay for long term savings!
Plantronics backbeat sense$270 | Because sometimes headphones are super annoying and I have too many podcasts to listen to! (EDIT: Hubby bought me the sport version of this. Comfy, great for work and great on the run, which i might have to do more of post baby)
Or you could just take care of dinner for me? Hope you’re having an amazing MARCH!