Do people save up for things anymore? Any time I express wanting something, there is always someone nearby suggesting that I jut go out and get it. I have never been a fan of owing people things, least of all money…partly because I have a tendency to forget how much I borrow or loan out. Personal loans are so easy to attain and accountability so low it seems crazy not to purchase the shoes I “deserve” or the new phone I have to have. Continue reading →
Most people have a beauty product lover in their lives. I had never understood spending so much time and effort on soaps and creams until a few years ago and since then, I’ve been hunting for products I can really get behind. Finally I have a team of things I enjoy and enjoy giving to friends and family over the holiday season.
1. DermaSukin gentle body wash. I love Sukin and I don’t have particularly sensitive skin but when it comes to soap. I think everyone could do without all the harsh chemicals disguised under pretty names. You skin in your first form of defense, so stop destroying all that good bacteria but get rid of the grime. It has the added bonus of not getting up my nose and making me feel like I’ve just had too much wasabi but apparently that’s a problem unique to me.
2. Lush Batch bombs. Sure you don’t have baths but these babies are worth the break in routine. A little fragrant/gentle/sparkly “choose-your-own-adventure” decadent take on hygiene. Their approach tends to be earth friendly and if you only have a shower at your place, there are plenty of other things you could try and will love!
3. The Body Shop Shea Body Butter. I have notoriously dry skin so when Maggie gifted this to me, I had no idea my skin would love it more than sorbolene, all without that horrible sorbolene-ey smell.
4. Demeter’s cologne from Molten Store. I’m not sure what marshmallow smells like off the top of my head but if you tell me you don’t want to smell like it, I’ll call you a liar.
5. Grown Alchemist Regenerating night cream. A little ex-ey but isn’t the future of your skin worth it? If your answer is no, that’s ok, you’re probably young, you have time. For those those outside of that boat, try out this life raft and drink a whole heap of water,
6. Boots No7. If anyone goes to the UK and asks what I want, my response in boots no7. Winner of many beauty awards and accolades, it’s one product I could feel working a few days after I used it. If you don’t know anyone travelling that way, Try Amcal, they stock some of the range.