Hot days are perfect for the beach and gelato, but not so perfect for my frying hair so today’s post is something of a recipe and remedy. While food is a big part of my life (as you might tell from the occasional instagram) food photography is not a skill I possess but let’s give it a shot.First things first. The recipe.
Lychee, rose and mint gelato.
- 1.4 kg lychees
- 150g caster sugar
- 175ml mineral water
- 2 tbsp rose water
- 4-6 chopped mint leaves (depending on how much you love the stuff)
1. Peel and de-seed lychees
2. Blitz in food processor until you get a drink like consistency
3. Put water and sugar on the heat in a non stick saucepan and bring to a boil
4. Once sugar is mostly dissolved, remove from heat and cool
5. Once mixture is cool, use electric beater/processor to combine sugar syrup,rosewater and lychees
6. At this point add the mint (or exclude, depending on your tastebuds) and pop mix into the freezer.
For those with an ice cream maker, go ahead and follow your machine’s instructions. For those without, a slushie/semi-freddo can be achieved by blitzing, freezing and re-blitzing (keeps the ice away). I made mine with a Moulinex Masterchef & Breville Mixer Scraper Pro
While that’s getting ready of if you’ve already gobbled it all up, time to get onto your hair. I am in love with all things original mineral. Their Know Knott is literally preventing me from pulling my hair out, and for that extra moisture and shine Krystal Milk by Alter Ego Italy is on high rotation with the much talked about Keretase. Now that’s taken care of, time to crack open and young coconut and while the balmy day away